Saturday, May 18, 2013

18 weeks.


18 weeks, 3 days


How far along: 18 weeks, 3 days

Size of babies: Bell peppers

Baby update: Baby can now yawn! Also, baby is twisting, rolling, kicking and punching (more on that in a moment) and his/her nervous system is maturing. The brain is also continuing to develop including the baby's ability to touch, taste and smell.

Weight gain: 15 pounds total gained... hope that slows down!

Symptoms: Nothing new to report this week other than I'm starting to realize that bending down is getting more difficult- also shaving my legs in the shower is proving to be challenging as I'm having a hard time seeing below my belly.... and I'm not even at the half way point in pregnancy yet! Yikes!

Movement: Yes! I can definitely report that I've started to feel movement this week and that's exciting. I notice the movements when I'm sitting at my desk and also in bed at night. Because there are two in there- I feel movements all over the place- one minute it's way up high, and the next it's down low... because the babies are stacked like bunk beds in my stomach that would make sense. The movements feel like little pops or muscle spasms- I'm sure when they are fully mature it will feel like a kickboxing class in my belly.

Exercise: I successfully completed the "Walk for Wishes" in support of the Make-A-Wish Foundation on Thursday. I walked 4 miles around Baxter Boulevard in Portland and it was a beautiful evening- in the 70s. There were 10 in my team and we walked at a pretty fast clip, in fact I'd venture to guess that we were in the top 20 to finish the walk (out of probably 200 participants total). The last mile kicked my butt as I started to get tired and lagged a little behind my team, but I made it and quickly scarfed down two hot dogs afterwards as I was famished because it was 8pm (and I never eat hot dogs but they tasted so good!)

Team Trusted Choice/Make Young Agents
18 weeks, 1 day
Sleep: I've been getting more tired- especially at night- I fell asleep at 8:30pm watching American Idol the other night (can't really blame me there as this season has been a total snoozer if you ask me!) I'm trying to get more sleep, as clearly my body needs it, so I'm just going to listen to my body and try and be in bed before 10 pm.

Food Cravings: Apparently hot dogs!

Food Aversions: Nothing...

Take Me Out To the Ball Game... Last night we took Sofia to her first Sea Dogs game. A group of Chalmers employees and their families were in attendance and we were in the picnic area and also got a free dinner out of it (thank you ServiceMaster). Sofia was in heaven as her cousin, Brady, was there. Some photos from last night...

Standing by Slugger at Park Entrance
Cousins! Brady and Sofia
Bon Voyage! I am officially on vacation (business trip) until after Memorial Day! Woo hoo! Adam and I are flying to Santa Barbara, CA tomorrow for an insurance President's Award Winners trip with Liberty Mutual/Safeco Insurance Co, hence the reason why I am posting a day earlier than usual. We are considering this our "Babymoon." My parents will be watching Sofia for the week and my mom is determined to potty train Sofia while we're away- go for it, mom!

Excited: I booked my 20 week ultrasound which will be on May 29th at Maternal Fetal Medicine in Portland (and not Coastal Womens) as it's a more in-depth ultrasound to get a good look at the brain development of the twins- by golly, I'm not leaving there until they officially confirm the gender of the other twin.

Mom and I are had a wonderful mother/daughter day today (Sat) and got Mani/Pedi's and went shopping- she bought me a few new maternity outfits to round out my collection and we also hit up the new Nordstrom Rack which has discounted designer clothes (can you say, Tory Burch!!) Great day- thanks mom for spoiling me- you really are the best! 

Thank you... to my Umptoo Norma for the surprise package that I received in the mail this week! I love the maternity dress you bought me (definitely bringing that to CA with me!) and you were so sweet to buy a few things for Sofia too- how'd you know she loves Tinkerbell and Cinderella? :-)

Have a wonderful week ya'll and I'll see you when I'm back from SoCal!

No comments:

Post a Comment